COVID-19 Screening Course
This course provides COVID-19 screening personnel with information regarding the
COVID-19 screening process and the precautions to take to protect the individual
conducting the COVID-19 screening. The most protective methods incorporate social
distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet from others), or physical barriers to eliminate
or minimize the screener’s exposures due to close contact with a person who may have
symptoms during screening. [CDC-1] Follow the COVID-19 Site-specific Screening Plan
[SSP-1] and control measures in addition to existing safety and health policies and
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Recall the different types of relevant equipment depending upon the screening
- Identify the correct order to put on and remove equipment
- Demonstrate the various exposure preventative techniques
- Properly wash hands
- Identify applicable protocols to stand up screening
- List the recommended steps to perform screening
- Identify the recommended temperature which persons to screen should be checked for
- Describe what to do if the screener may have been potential contact with a person under screening
- Identify the questions applicable to ask persons being screened
- List the steps to clean and break down a screening setup
- Identify the appropriate contact to notify when breaking down
- Identify the appropriate reference for what to do in emergency situations
This course is offered in an online format and is accessible with any web browser or internet tablet.
This course takes a minimum of 1.5 hours to complete, excluding examination.
Our course includes the opportunity for interactive questions and answers with the course trainers. We are available 8am to 4pm Pacific time via email and phone to assist you!
Our course front matter includes the syllabus, and statements from all instructors and contributors.
[CDC-1] Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Coronavirus (COVID-19). Accessed May 1, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/general-business-faq.html
[CDC-3] Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Definitions of Symptoms for Reportable Illnesses. https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/air/reporting-deaths-illness/definitions-symptoms-reportable-illnesses.html Accessed May 7, 2020. (For “measured” at 100.4° F or higher)
[OSHA-1] Occupational Health and Safety Administration. OSHA 3990-03 2020: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19. Accessed May 1, 2020. https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
[CDC-2] Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. How to Remove Gloves. Accessed May 10, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/poster-how-to-remove-gloves.pdf
[EPA-1] United States Environmental Protection Agency. List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2. https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2 Accessed May 7, 2020.
[GLOVES-1] See the user guide for your gloves. For example: Emerald 55 Powder-Free Black Vinyl Gloves.
[MASK-1] See the user guide for your face mask. For example: ZHUYI 3 Layer Disposable Protective Mask.
[SHIELD-1] See the user guide for your face shield.
[THERMOMETER-1] See the user guide for your thermometer. For example: KZED 8801 Infrared Non-contact Thermometer.
[SSP-1] Your workplace’s COVID-19 Site-specific Screening Plan.
[ERQ-1] Your workplace’s COVID-19 Exposure Related Questions.
Additional review information
Additional information is available for organizations that are reviewing our course, just ask us.
- Complete printout of study materials
- Complete testing instruments with answer keys -- This is only available to accreditation organizations and government regulators that review our course.
- Complimentary online course access
- Resumes, CVs and all credentialing information for our instructors
States where our COVID-19 screening course is accepted
Our Course is accepted in the following states in the US: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY.
Not available for sale in ME, NH, VT, NY, MA, RI, CT, NJ, PA, MD, Washington D.C.
Sign up now
Contact us at 1-877-636-2055
1-877-636-2055 to schedule an in-person training for your group
(minimum of 10 people).