Stress Test Holter Monitor Training Program
The exciting field of Cardiology is always expanding and there is room for YOU! Pacific Medical Training's
Stress Test and Holter Monitor (STHM) and Basic Life Support (BLS) courses will prepare you to sit for the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) examination. This will prepare you to work as a stress test technician, Holter
monitor technician or a telemetry technician. Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the
United States. Early diagnosis can prevent early death. Diagnosis is made utilizing cardiac stress testing,
Holter monitors and, in a lot of cases, admission to the hospital where cardiac rhythm is monitored by a
technician. You will be prepared to be employed in any one of these exciting fields.
This course offers 8 CME hours for AMA and ANCC. They are designed for you to study at your own pace. They provide adjunct material for you to practice and review. Most of all, our courses are written to be fun and informative.
### Who can benefit from this course?
- Individuals desiring entry level positions in the healthcare industry.
- CNAs and LPNs who desire to upgrade to a position within the field of Cardiology.
- Registered Nurses who want to specialize in Cardiology
- Healthcare providers that desire to sit for the CCI CCT examination.
### What is covered in the course?
This is a course for health care providers aspiring to take the CCI CCT exam or for providers working in a CNA, RN, or LVN/LPN position.
- SECTION 1: Certified Cardiographic Technician exam matrix
- SECTION 2: Basic cardiovascular anatomy
- SECTION 3: Anatomical terms
- SECTION 4: Physiology
- SECTION 5: The electrocardiogram and its relationship to cardiac events
- SECTION 7: 12-lead ECG acquisition and interpretation
- SECTION 8: Stress test techniques, indications, and contraindications
- SECTION 9: Cardiac medications (routine)
- SECTION 10: Holter and event monitoring
- SECTION 11: Patient emergencies
In addition to 12-lead ECG, this course also covers 3-lead, 4-lead, and 5-lead.
For more information on these courses, please see our website at monitortech.org/stress-test-holter-monitor.